Ergebnis 1 bis 5 von 5

Thema: News: Tapetenwechsel

Moderator Crossgen Comics Deutschland Forum Avatar von Ralph Kruhm
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation News: Tapetenwechsel

Laura Martin, Nick Bell, Frank D'Armata, and James Rochelle trade series and lend hues to new pages.

Ask anyone in the industry and they'll admit that CrossGen's colorists are among the best in the biz. But you don't become-and stay-the best by resting on your laurels. That's why, looking to stretch their wings after long runs on their respective titles, the CrossGen Coloring Crew has decided to tackle new challenges by swapping series!

Starting with the issue #21 in August, Eisner award-winner Laura Martin will blast into NEGATION, bringing her talented touch to the wild inhabitants of the Sci-Fi thrill-ride. Laura's handpicked successor on RUSE will be Frank
    D'Armata, who-fresh off CRUX-will continue the distinct look of the Victorian mystery series. Nick Bell will veer off ROUTE 666 to sail the
    seven seas as he helps launch September's all-new pirate series EL CAZADOR.

Finally, to bring the movements full circle, James Rochelle will rocket from NEGATION into Bell's spot on the acclaimed horror title ROUTE 666.

"RUSE is tough to let go," admitted Martin. "The creative team was one of the best and coolest group of guys I've ever had the privilege of working with. But there comes a point when a colorist needs a change, to embrace something completely different."

"From Victorian pastels to Negation-Space psychedelics-that's about as drastic a change as I can get," continued Martin. "I've been a big fan of the book since the Prequel, so I'm itching to dust off the Sci-Fi section of my paint box and dive in. James Rochelle set up a heck of a precedent, though-it's a little intimidating!"

"But who would I trust to take care of Simon and Emma? I chose Frank D'Armata," revealed Martin. "Frank's one of the most diverse, talented, and underrated colorists at CrossGen, and he's earned his shot at a book that I
    love. I can't wait to see Frank bring his unique, velvety richness to the world of Partington."

"Every creative person is different," explained CrossGen Art Director Bart Sears. "Some like to grab a particular book, and run with it for years-the material never gets old to them, and they keep finding ways to keep their art fresh and exciting. Others yearn for a new challenge-after working on one project for a couple of years, they feel they have done everything they
    can with the work, and feel like their creative progress has come to a standstill...they need a change. We try to work with every creator here, not only to keep the individual as happy as possible, but also to keep his or her creativity at the highest possible level. Every artist at CrossGen has improved since they started here, and-amazingly, at least to me-month after
    month, issue after issue, they just keep getting better."

Moderator DCFanpage Forum; Manager Splashbooks Avatar von comicfreak
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Laura Martin nee DePuy bei Negation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seltsam, ich hatte ähnliche Gedanken...

Mitglied Avatar von Arabrax
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    War das jetzt ironisch oder ernst gemeint?
    Man sollte zumindest erst mal abwarten. Bei Ruse hat sie einen guten Job gemacht und bringt Erfahrung von Planetary mit. Ich bin da offen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Der Smiley sabbert. Tut er doch, oder? Also ernst und damit überaus positiv gemeint.